Sunday, December 21, 2008

Liverpool Still On Top

One thing that you should know is that I am an unapologetic Liverpool fan. They make Setanta worth the $15/month (well, the Reds and Aussie Football in the offseason). Watching the game against the Gunners this morning left me frustrated on several fronts.

First, I can't believe Lucas is still getting playing time. I know the team is still missing some players due to fitness issues, but is there no one else that can get on the pitch so this kid goes back to the Reserves side where he belongs? Secondly, how damaging would this team be if Torres were healthy? They teased the voyeur and his crew all day. I don't think Adebayor should have seen red, but I have given up on knowing what the EPL ref crews will do week-to-week. As soon as the red was shown, Rafa/Sammy should have gone to 2 men on top (even if Babel was one of them). It took them about 25 minutes to make that adjustment and to my dismay, left Leiva in the entire time.

My Christmas wish for Liverpool is no more stupid draws. They have the manpower to beat the likes of Hull and a down-on-their-luck Arsenal. Here's hoping that Chelski fall down tomorrow and stay 2 points down.

No comments:

Post a Comment